During the last 30 years the practice of Mindfulness , also known as Mindfulness, is being integrated into the field of medicine and psychology as a relaxation technique. It is considered an effective way to reduce stress , improve self-awareness, minimize physical and psychological symptoms caused by stress, and improve general well-being. Mindfulness can be understood as a philosophy of life that includes the practice of meditation. Along with various relaxation techniques, its appearance is recent.
Many people suffer from the stress that work causes them and paradoxically their own work overload prevents many of them from being able to solve the problem due to lack of time. However, there are a number of exercises that can be done from home .
Tips to correctly perform mindfulness at home
-Choose a space, a place and a time of day in which the person can commit to practicing it regularly. It should be a neat and clean area of the house.
-Decide in advance, how much time to dedicate to the exercises and commit to comply with it
-Have a lot of patience and consideration with yourself and do not spread short-term results. The mind trains in the same way that the body does in the gym. You cannot expect splendid results in a short time. You have to be constant.
Mindfulness relaxation exercises to do at home
1. Concentration on the breath : It is the simplest of all and can be done at any time and place. It consists of dedicating a minute solely to concentrating on the breath. I can breathe with the belly instead of the chest. Air is taken in through the nose and released through the mouth. For it to work, you need to pay attention to the sound and rhythm of your breath.
2. Full concentration on an object : It consists of taking an object of everyday life such as a crystal glass or a pencil and letting it absorb all the attention. Let the mind focus solely on the item that is being looked at or heard.
3. Count to ten : It bears some similarity to exercise number 1. You just have to relax and count slowly to number ten. Despite being very simple, on many occasions other unwanted thoughts are intermingled. It is very useful for relaxation.
4. Focus on an outside call . This exercise consists of focusing attention on the breath each time a specific signal from the environment is perceived. For example, a phone call. You simply choose a signal foreign to the person. Any auditory or visual signal is valid. This technique is performed to ensure that, when the action of focusing the breath is performed, the mind travels to the present and is aware of it.
5. Listen to music : Listening to music is a natural relaxant. It can be used as an exercise in itself focusing on each vibration and each note or as an accompaniment to another mindfulness tactic.
6. Clean the house : Clutter is a very important stressor to take into account in people’s lives. Mindful house cleaning brings many mental benefits. View domestic activities as a stress relief exercise, not just a chore.
7. Observation of thoughts . It is the most complicated exercise and the one that requires the most concentration. It is about sitting down and analyzing the feelings that worry or distress you but without feeling these symptoms. Simply by identifying them and letting them pass. Stress will not be eliminated as in the other exercises, but it will be reduced.
These series of mindfulness exercises are done to develop the ability to transport yourself into the present moment and are a good way to improve your ability to concentrate. By practicing them often, it will be easier to meditate.