Breakups between couples are something of the most normal since they tend to occur every day in all parts of the world. In fact, many people after closing a stage next to others consider the possibility of unfollowing them on social networks and in turn wonder: Is it a good decision to do so?
Well, each relationship is a world and what perhaps for someone is the most suitable for another is the worst of decisions. What is clear is that when a breakup occurs both people have to assume that they become an ex-partner and that this requires, in most cases, a process of acceptance until finally the two people get used to their lives by separated and begin to take the course alone as normally as possible.
Therefore, when the breakup is friendly and the people are mature enough to continue to maintain a cordial relationship , there will be no problem for them to stay on their social networks or on their Instagram, where they can see each other’s photos and vice versa. . However, there are specialists who assure that eliminating the trace of the ex-partner after the break in social networks – even when it has not been traumatic or negative – is positive. But that will be left in the last place to the decision of the protagonists.
However, for those couples who have had an unfriendly breakup or who have not been loved by one of the two parties, it is recommended that they stop following on social networks. When a separation of this type occurs, a turning point occurs in the lives of both people in which they begin the duel of completely forgetting about each other and assuming that their relationship is over. For this reason, there are several reasons that exist why an ex-partner should not be followed on social networks after having ended the relationship.
Why is it good to stop following your partner on social networks?
- Avoid contact: Temptations are something of the most common in this type of situation so not having an ex-partner in social networks will make it easier to avoid contact. It is not uncommon to see that when a person breaks up with someone they write , call or contact them again to reproach themselves for some aspects, to tell them that they still love them or that they miss them, etc. However, it is good to keep in mind that the sooner the ex-partner is forgotten, the sooner the page will turn, so contact after the breakup is not the most ideal for people to move forward and rebuild their lives.
- Avoid provocations or harassment: Sometimes one of the two people in the couple does not assume that they have been left or that the relationship has ended. This results in messages, calls or constant provocations by social networks that are not positive for the other person or for himself and his own grief of overcoming the breakup. Therefore, it is best to put distance with the ex-partner, even on social networks.
- Do not suffer for the appearance of another person: Seeing that your ex-partner has rebuilt his life with another person can be painful or annoying. Therefore, it is best to avoid the appearance of photographs of him or her on Instagram with new companies.
- Erasing memories: There are stages or relationships that people prefer to forget because the memory only brings them harm and bad times . Therefore, not only should you stop following the ex-partner in networks but also eliminate any trace of her in the profile. On Instagram it is recommended to delete the images together.
- Redo life and take the course: After a breakup, a process of overcoming is required that not all people endure in the same way . For this reason, it is recommended to try to get as far away from the person you want to overcome even through social networks. Not knowing what is in your life, what places you visit, who you go with and many other details of your day to day will be the most advisable to heal the wounds left by the break.
- Do not make comparisons: There is nothing worse than comparing yourself with the other. In fact, sometimes there is a tendency to idealize what is seen on social networks thinking that everything is reality and it is not. Most of the people put in their networks only the positive side of their lives . An Instagram photograph is nothing more than that, an image. Therefore, it will be better not to follow the ex-partner in networks to avoid falling into comparisons of how he is coping with the breakup and drowning in a dead end. The best thing will be to turn the page individually.
In conclusion, it will be each ex-partner who decides how to cope with their relationship after the breakup and whether or not to follow each other on social networks. The fact that it is recommended not to do so does not imply that doing so is something negative since there are those who continue to have each other on social networks without this affecting them. However, these tips will be of great help to those who have had a more traumatic or painful breakup and feel that it is going to be difficult for them to recover from this situation.