In the world there are a lot of envious people . These are unsatisfied people with low self-esteem. They hurt themselves because they see themselves limited or incomplete and long for what others have. The feeling of envy is related to competition and social comparison. There are a series of guidelines that they follow and that you should know to identify an envious person every time you interact with them
7 keys to detecting envious people
– They despise the successes or good luck of others . When you tell an envious person something good that just happened to you, they will try to detract from it or belittle it. His envy of your success will lead him to try to cause you this kind of damage. They want to put you at their height and not let you shine more than they do. It is not recommended that you interact with these types of people.
– He will speak ill of you when you are not alone . Another important trait of envious people is that they take advantage of any situation to criticize you in public. They will use the advantage of catching you off guard so that you do not know how to react and that the humiliation is greater.
– They will feign joy . If you tell someone good news and they are extremely happy in an irrational way, it could be a clear sign that they are trying to hide their envy. You can tell if he makes a fake smile or if his expressions are unnatural. The closer the way you relate to that person, the easier it will be for you to identify these types of behaviors.
– He will try to take credit for yourself : Group work or cooperation tasks are perfect to discover if a person is envious of you. Faced with a good result, they will not hesitate to use phrases such as “without me you would not have achieved it”. Placing himself above will always be his goal and he will do whatever it takes to achieve it regardless of the damage he can cause you.
– It will disappear from your life suddenly . Envious people are unable to digest the happiness of others . Therefore, if you go through a good personal moment in which everything works well for you at work , your relationships, friends, etc., it is very likely that that person will disappear from your life without giving any kind of explanation. Your happiness hurts him and constantly reminds him that he is not as lucky as you or that he has not worked as hard to achieve your successes.
– They will always show signs of frustration . These types of people are almost always in a bad mood. The main losers are themselves and they do themselves a lot of damage by repeating over and over again that they are not good enough and by being held in low esteem.
– He will abandon you when you need his help the most : Many people will not tire of assuring you how important you are in their lives, how much they love you or that they will always show you their support. However, it is quite possible that when you most need their love and understanding they will turn a deaf ear and try to ignore you. These people have never felt affection towards you or have any kind of emotional involvement, they were simply envious and tried to get closer to you, probably to better analyze the keys to your success and be able to imitate you.
– They will always try to be the protagonists : It will always hurt an envious person when you talk to her about the good things in your life so every time you want to tell her something good that has happened to you she will cut you off and start talking about herself .
If in your closest circle you detect these signs in someone, it is best to get away from that person and cut the relationship. Envious people are very harmful and it is possible that over time your self-esteem begins to deteriorate if you continue to endure their slights and humiliations day by day.m