Being afraid of something, of a situation is not bad, the mistake is that this fear dominates other aspects and prevents you from leading a normal life . It is true that in order to eliminate any type of fear , you have to face it because by exposing yourself to the stimulus and seeing that nothing happens, the fear dissolves as if by magic. One of the fears of most people in society is to expose themselves to speaking in public or before a camera .
It is an irrational fear of not being able to articulate a word and remain blank. Many professionals in the sector, such as journalists or communicators suffer from this type of fear, contradictory? The truth is that fear is free and takes advantage of weaknesses and insecurities, but it can be stopped by following some guidelines and doing daily exercises.
However, once you are aware of the fear you suffer, this time the fear of speaking in front of a camera, you have to accept it and have the initiative to want to overcome it and be able to continue moving forward. What’s more, you have to tell yourself that once that fear is eliminated, life will look differently, more freely and without any symptoms of anxiety . Therefore, wanting to overcome it is the biggest and most important step that must be taken when suspending this or any other fear.
Tips to overcome the fear of speaking on camera
In order to be able to succeed when speaking before a camera there are a series of tips that will also eliminate that irrational fear that some people suffer from. To do this, take note of the following tips , as they can be very useful to overcome the fear of speaking in front of a camera.
- In the first place , before getting on camera, p must repair the message to be given. The best way to lose those nerves is to practice over and over again to see what makes us feel the best, and how we want to express it. Moreover, if that message is prepared in advance , enough information is sought, it will make the topic that is going to be talked about the most familiar and therefore it will not be said in a robotic way.
- On the other hand, instead of imagining that many people are watching us , what you have to think is that what is being said in front of the camera is someone you trust, in order to act in the most natural way possible , and of course lose the fear and the previous nerves .
- In third place , of course, you must know how to balance nerves . To do this, we must be aware that nothing bad is going to happen, and that the worst that can happen is that we are left blank. In this situation you have to act naturally as it can be edited later. There is no need to exert pressure, since that pressure will make that moment very uncomfortable and excessive fear will be taken . If necessary, breathing exercises can be done before standing in front of the camera, so that once the time comes, those nerves have diminished. However, you can also do yoga activities a couple of times a week, in order to learn how to channel positive energy .
- Remember that a video can be edited, therefore, do not despair if a scene does not turn out as planned. You have to be patient as with experience it will take less time and the nerves will disappear .
- The type of clothing that is chosen to record is also important, since feeling comfortable is a fundamental aspect to eliminate nerves and also continue to gain confidence and security.
- In addition to practicing the speech before a camera, you also have to practice the gestures that are made and the type of tone of voice that is used. This tip reinforces that of practicing the script in front of the camera, which increases security because it is more thoroughly rehearsed.
- Performing vocalization exercises will provide more security when expressing the message you want to give. To do this, you have to practice daily to gradually lose that fear.
Therefore, to avoid being afraid to speak in front of a camera, you have to stop being perfectionists , it is definitive, this does not mean that you do not take what you do seriously, nothing is further from reality, but you have to keep in mind that a script is better naturally and not saying everything in a rush. Therefore, at this point you have to let the conversation and dialogue flow.
Likewise, those people who feel panicky and do not see themselves with enough energy to be able to tackle this situation can sign up for drama classes or how to speak on camera. In this way, they will see that there are more people who have the same fear and that will help reinforce self-esteem to eliminate the problem . You do not have to punish yourself, but understand yourself and know how to do things to erase any type of insecurity or fear.