Today there are many people who, even though they are not aware, present a complex or feeling of inferiority. This basically stems from an insecurity of the person , which can be of many types. As a general rule, the physicist is usually the first of them. That is, what tends to generate the most insecurity in people who have a tendency to compare themselves with others who are near or far, many of them not even truly real.
Similarly, non-physical characteristics can also be a reason for insecurity for some people. These are, for example, the abilities or gifts of some people . For example, those who sing, who dance, who show skills in the field of science, etc. And finally, there is also the possibility that people present a feeling of inferiority due to the rejection of something both physical and more personal about themselves. That is to say, that this problem does not arise from comparing yourself with anyone but simply from your own and personal insecurity .
Furthermore, it is not uncommon to see that the people who feel the most inferior are the ones who turn the most critical and damaging against others, generating complexes such as the ones they themselves suffer from. This is nothing more than a way of expressing their feeling of inferiority since they try to belittle others to feel bigger since if they do not they feel just as small. In general, this problem is something that can appear at any age but childhood and adolescence are key times in the subsequent development of more or less insecurities since these are closely linked to people’s personalities. Therefore, if a person during his childhood has been little valuedby parents, loved ones or teachers you will tend to have developed a feeling of inferiority. On the other hand, those who are too perfectionists and demanding of themselves will also be more likely to suffer from this feeling of inferiority since it will never be enough for them.
What symptoms do these people present?
Recognizing a person with inferiority problems is not an easy task since in some cases they are hidden behind a contrary attitude. However, there are a series of symptoms that people who have certain insecurities usually present:
- Low self-confidence: These people do not usually bet on themselves or their skills because they think they are not good enough or are not up to the task.
- Need to be accepted: For this they become people who seek to please others above all else and who generally feel better in a group, protected.
- Low decision-making capacity: They tend to have little firmness to take charge of situations and also, in some cases, they tend to have a closed and introverted character on a social level.
- They are little valued: In relationships with other people they accept positions or situations that belittle them since they think they are inferior to other people.
- They attack others: In some cases, as mentioned above, people with insecurities become the opposite in the eyes of the rest. That is, they attack the weakest, they look for the defects and insecurities of others … It could be said that they take out their internal pain by doing it to others.
- Superficial attitude and superiority: Narcissism and an attitude of superiority can also become symptoms of a person with a feeling of inferiority since to try to feel better they seek to show the world that they are very sure of themselves , giving themselves away with such attitudes.
How to treat the feeling of inferiority?
There are currently many specialists and experts who are able to help overcome the complexes and insecurities of any person. Therefore, it is best to go to them. However, there are a number of tips that can be followed to manage this feeling of inferiority. Some of them are:
- Accept yourself: This is essential to overcome insecurities. Understand that each one is the way they are and that it will be useless to complain about what they do not have but to work on continuing to grow as a person and be happy with what they have.
- Think positive: Negativity is something that often characterizes those who have a lack of self-esteem. That is why it is important to try to get away from it and think positively . That is, look for the good part of things and not just look at the flaws. Everyone has more positive and less positive things and this is something you have to know how to see.
- Facing insecurities: Do not blind eyes to insecurities, otherwise this problem will drag on over time. The important thing is to deal with them and think about them to get accepted.
- Work on self-esteem: It is important to have a good self-esteem to achieve all of the above. This is something that with psychological help can be carried out .