How long have you not slept peacefully for more than six hours? Surely and due to the pace of life that we lead more than is convenient. If sleeping six hours, according to experts and professionals in the field of health, is harmful – an adult must sleep a minimum of eight hours a day – and even then we do not reach that minimum, you are interested in reading this article.
It is not surprising that most of the population has daily problems falling asleep, the causes can be very diverse, from work stress , to a problem derived from the use of screens and smartphones before going to school. bed.
Today we are going to explain the possible causes that cause this alteration, as well as solutions so that you stop spending the night awake and fall into the arms of Morpheus.
Why don’t I get a good night’s sleep?
Reaching an age, it becomes impossible to sleep well, away from the pressures of work and the worries of day to day. There are natural remedies and some tips, in addition to the traditional counting sheep , that will help us in the arduous task of sleeping the necessary eight hours recommended by the experts, but first we have to inquire about what is or are the problems that prevent us from falling fully surrendered In our bed.
- Stress, the main problem to fall asleep : Yes, overwork or work problems are the main elements that prevent us from sleeping soundly. Even a large part of society claims to wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how to solve that problem that is tormenting them at work or to finish that task that they left halfway. Faced with this everyday problem, the best antidote is to read before going to sleep , for about thirty minutes, a novel that helps us avoid problems.
- Excess physical exercise : Although it seems contradictory, sport can also be a key element that can prevent us from sleeping peacefully. The over-excitement that sports can cause can lead us to stay up all night. Professionals recommend doing physical exercise two or three hours before sleeping , therefore, it is convenient to be relaxed and not overload the body. If we have to exercise before sleeping, it is better that they are Pilates or yoga exercises , never cardio.
- Alcohol consumption : Alcohol is also usually a fairly common problem that prevents us from falling asleep at night, and although there is a fairly widespread popular belief in which it is said that drinking a glass of wine before going to sleep will help us to fall into the arms of Morpheus, the truth is that science shows and affirms that it is just the opposite. For dinner, it is best to drink water and a glass of milk, thus avoiding alcoholic or carbonated drinks .
- The caffeine in the spotlight : Of course, neither coffee nor drinks that have caffeine, since this element is the great ally of drowsiness. Caffeine is a stimulating substance that will prevent us from falling asleep, but also chocolate, tea or some carbonated drinks. Unless you want to stay up all night studying or watching series, avoid caffeine.
- Screens and smartphones out : No, as much as we want screens and smartphones are not good allies if we want to sleep soundly. The brightness of the screens and the sound emitted by these technological devices will prevent us from sleeping , in addition, they will prevent us from disconnecting from everything that happens. As we said, if you can’t sleep once you’re in bed, grab a good book and dive into a new adventure.
- A bad temperature : Neither cold nor hot, the right temperature to sleep all night has to be between 16º and 20º, never below even if it is summer, nor should it exceed 23º. Better if we cover ourselves with sheets and blankets and put the fans and heaters aside.
- Excessive noises : Noise was never a friend of sleep, and we should not put on the radio, much less series to sleep , the best, silence. The auditory stimuli will not make us disconnect and it is also believed that they will be difficult for the brain to ignore once we are asleep. If you can’t sleep, a hot shower and a cup of hot cocoa milk will be the best solution.
- Large dinners : Heavy dinners are also a great enemy of sleep , they can cause stomach pain, heartburn and heaviness. The best thing is to make light dinners , where fruits and vegetables prevail. As for meats, turkey and chicken have properties that will help us sleep peacefully.
If you are still unable to count sheep, you should consult your family doctor .