Currently, a large number of the population, if not the majority , have access to the internet, which leads to the creation of accounts on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, among others. The truth is that a kind of interest has been created through these social networks in which brands and services are also participants in a movement that seems to have no end. It goes to such an extent that just showing the good in life can have negative repercussions for some people. Certain repercussions are full of non-conformity that causes not everyone to be happy with their life and to continually compare .
Another negative aspects that have the social networks is that in many cases there are no filters , although such Instagram has EU standards if they skip you can get to close the account also users of social network can express not They are happy with the content of that account to create more pressure to take action . The same goes for Facebook and other social networks. The problem comes when people misinterpret what they see. For example, a friend who had canceled a plan to stay at home and suddenly uploads something to the social network, implying that he is somewhere other than his home. Maybe that friend performs the action for that purpose, but seeing what is happening can lead to a conflict . That is why it is very important not to believe everything that is seen on social networks because nothing else is a showcase in which what one wants is shown.
Tips to face a conflict in social networks
After the multiple conflicts and virtual fights that can occur in these communication and entertainment channels, a series of tips can be followed in order to avoid falling into the negative aspects of social networks, including WhatsApp .
- Ask before assuming to avoid any kind of misunderstanding , either in a close circle with totally outsiders.
- Avoid sensitive topics because someone can always feel offended in one way or another. Moreover, by being written and not expressing that idea or opinion face to face, it can be completely misinterpreted . To avoid conflict, the following topics should be crossed off the list: politics , religion, social ideals, since they are the topics for which there is a diversity of opinions and not everyone respects in the same way and can generate some controversy
- On the other hand, in the opposite case to the previous one , if you see something on social networks , for example misspellings or something that is not entirely true, you should not ridicule that person since we are all people and there may be errors without evil. It is best to talk to that person privately. By not telling them in public, the person will not feel attacked.
- In the case of wanting to reply to a comment or to someone, you have to count to ten before writing what you really think. You have to take a few minutes to find out if this is really what you want to do
- Of course, once social networks are touched, you have to have empathy , because you don’t really know what the other person may think or what they may be living. You have to be careful because we don’t know who may be behind that social network. You have to allow people to justify or explain themselves if they have started a discussion . You have to mediate and speak in a conciliatory tone.
Problems about misuse of social networks
In addition to provoking discussions and conflicts, social networks can do even more damage in people’s lives if they are not used in the correct way. Therefore, the following aspects must be taken into account :
- Social media can cause accidents . You should never handle the phone while walking down the street, driving, or doing an activity that could lead to an accident .
- They cause insomnia . Excessive use before sleeping is bad for the quality of sleep, since having the screen so bright causes insomnia. And lack of sleep can lead to other problems such as: depression, anxiety , obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes …
- Social media addiction . Being connected to the network all day loses productivity and creativity .