New technologies, contrary to what many people think, are something positive and unstoppable. Society advances and with it the discoveries. In fact, you only need to think carefully for a while to realize the great help and advances that have been achieved to date thanks to these new technologies. However, everything is good to the extent that good use is made of it and in turn, a controlled use. Do not overdo the handlingof the same is something fundamental and in turn, something that occurs in many people, especially today’s children who, from a young age, begin to have these devices in their hands. Therefore, if you do not want to suffer the negative effects, it will be important to take into account some aspects.
How do new technologies affect them?
Although, as previously mentioned, new technologies have many benefits and positive aspects, they can also be counterproductive . This, above all, can happen to the little ones . Some of the consequences that the excessive use of new technologies tends to have is:
- Isolation: By being aware of these technological devices and spending many hours playing with them, children stop interacting not only with the rest of the household members but with other children since sometimes, they prefer to play a video game than go to the park or have a snack with a friend. This only causes that they do not develop socialization skills typical of any person and therefore, they become more independent and less skilled at a social level. Something that will be negative both for him and for his future.
- Capricious behaviors: Many times, it is common to see how at a meal or at any event, parents give a technological device to a child so that it stops bothering or crying. This is something very negative since it makes the little one become more capricious and seeks to attract the attention of his parents so that they give him what he wants only with bad behavior. You have to know how to control children without the need to return their technological devices as a pain reliever. In addition, it is recommended not to leave the house with them anywhere since the little ones must understand that there are certain situations or moments that are to be freed from them and aware of the circumstances that are occurring.
- Less expressiveness and cognitive development: Many children who feel sad, worried about something or with problems, decide to immerse themselves in technological devices instead of facing their problems and solving them through words or expression. In addition, the fact of being in the same position pending a game makes them not develop certain activities that they would otherwise do and their cognitive development slows down.
How to avoid that the new technologies become something negative?
It is important to bear in mind that new technologies are here to stay and the key is not to go against advances or withdraw products from the market as many have suggested, but quite the opposite. The important thing is to learn to manage all these new technologiesthat are appearing and that can even be used by children, that is, at a very young age. In other words, it is about making advances always mean something good and keeping the positive part of them, not letting them be the masters of our lives and control us. Therefore, above any technology, we must remember that we are people who live in society with other people and that what gives you contact or relationship with other people can never be provided by new technologies. You must take time for everything and let yourself be carried away by the great advances and inventions, which are more surprising every day.
In short, in order to prevent new technologies from becoming counterproductive and negative, it is advisable to take into account the following tips:
- Control their access: It is recommended to set a series of hours a day for the use of technological devices for children so that they can take advantage of the day to do other types of activities and not be consumed by them. There are those who prefer directly to control the use of these devicesby their children establishing a few hours a day of internet at home or, for example, putting these devices in common spaces such as the living room or living room, in such a way that the little ones are more controlled and their use of new technologies as well. In addition, in this way they will also be able to control the use they make of them. Therefore, it is recommended not to place these devices in the children’s rooms, as this will cause them to lock themselves in them for longer and reduce their level of socialization.
- Encourage conversation: In a home where children get used to engaging in conversations with their parents or siblings for some time a day in addition to doing other types of family activities, the little ones will have less need to spend so much time attached to new technologies . Therefore, it is recommended to have meals as a family, to meet everyone in the living room to enjoy a movie, etc. These types of plans will help children to connect more with their parents and not immerse themselves for so many hours in their electronic devices.
- Be informed about the content: It is essential that parents are up to date with the games and content that their children use on these devices. It is a matter of establishing a certain type of control to guarantee their safety since in this way any type of problem and inconvenience that may appear will be avoided.
- Lead by example: It is important for parents to set an example for their children and not be glued to technological devices all day, since if this is the case, the little ones will have an excuse to do so as well. To reduce the consumption of technologies by children, it will be necessary to detach oneself from them.